Effective Store Planning Services delivered by Australian Design and Drafting using 2D Architectural Services for an Architectural Designing Company in Australia
Case Study Highlights
- Industry: Surveying and engineering industry
- Location: Australia
- Convert 3D scanned images of an educational center into an information rich, intelligent BIM
- All the scanned data in .pcg format was imported into Revit and surfaces were restructured, to create an intelligent BIM with LOD 300 with architectural and structure disciplines.
- Managing huge volumes of scanned data files and working with them
- Rectifying the inconsistencies in scanned data and recreating the missing scanned data using engineering assumptions
- Completion of the project – that demanded complex modeling, complete with architectural and structural details, within a very tight deadline
Technology / Software Used:
- Revit, Recap
One of the most reputed surveying company based in Sydney, Australia, approached ASTCAD for its BIM requirements.
The client had surveyed an educational center and wanted to convert the point cloud data to BIM. Almost 300 scans were done to capture every section of the building, .pcg input files were provided and modeling architecture and structure disciplines with 10mm accuracy with an LOD 300 was requested.
BIM is increasingly seen by large building owners as the best way to document building data. The capabilities of BIM are further leveraged to achieve greater efficiencies in facility management, increase occupant comfort and reduce the cost and time required for renovations and refurbishments.
Scan to BIM is the most accurate and convenient way to create a BIM for an ‘As Built’ environment for large buildings.
- The scanned data was extremely heavy. It consisted of nearly 300 scans and several photometric images
- All these .pcg files were was imported into Revit and divided into sections to set up a model file
- A team of modelers worked in shifts to restructure the entire building with all the architectural and structural details
- 10mm accuracy modeling was done and within 24 days, an intelligent BIM with LOD 300 was created
- Scanned data for some parts of the building was missing and the one available had a lot of inconsistencies
- At this point , the team communicated with the client and restructured the missing parts based on engineering assumptions and using the reference images.
About Australian Design and Drafting Services:
Australian Design and Drafting services offer a full range of 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Designing to Animation and Walkthrough for Architectural , Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Electronics engineering modeling, to its Australian clientele across the AEC industry.
Understanding and delivering as per client requirements remains the prime focus, for every project that is undertaken. With a multilayered quality check and flexible time schedule, quality is maintained and projects are always delivered on time.
Australian Design and Drafting Services is your innovative partner offering multidisciplinary services for various domains across industries.
We are a leading Design and Drafting services provider Australian based organization providing comprehensive design and drafting services to 3,100 plus – 80% recurring clients across Australia. Enhancing your business operations, making them smarter, faster and cheaper has been our ongoing pursuit, backed with two decades of experience. It has helped us evolve into a leading customer-centric outsourcing service provider for all your BPO, Software , AEC, and Engineering solutions.
Australian Design & Drafting provides Free Tender Service to all our clients which will save you time, stress and thousands of dollars
Australian Design & Drafting provides obligation Free Consultation Service for all your Drafting & Design requirements
Australian Design & Drafting provides multidisciplinary Design & Drafting Professionals